GayCities announces nominees in “Best of Gay Cities” 2014
The World's Largest LGBT travel site launches this year's version of its annual member-driven challenge
San Francisco, CA, December 9, 2014 — GayCities — the world’s largest LGBT community-driven city guide and travel site — today announced the nominees in its launch of the annual “Best of GayCities” feature, presented by Hyatt. (http://www.gaycities.com/best-of-2014/)
GayCities readers have until January 5, 2015, to vote for more than 60 of the world’s best destinations in twelve categories, ranging from “Sultriest City” to “Pride Cities Lacking Marriage Equality.”
Complete list of categories and nominees:
- City of the Year: Berlin, Toronto, London, Rio, Philadelphia, Bangkok
- Pride Without Marriage: Austin, Rome, Tokyo, Prague, Tel Aviv, Dallas
- Sultriest City: Bali, Barcelona, Miami, Las Vegas, Bangkok, Mexico City
- Foodie Paradise: Paris, Chicago, Austin, Lima, New Orleans, San Francisco
- Fun in the Sun: Puerto Vallarta, San Diego, Montego Bay, Miami, Cancun, Key West
- Culture Experience: Street Art in Melbourne, Ballet in New York, Opera in Vienna, Theatre in Chicago, Jazz in New Orleans, Artifacts in Athens
- Layover City: London, Miami, New York, Singapore, Chicago, Hong Kong
- Hidden Gem: Nashville, Savannah, Omaha, Albuquerque, San Antonio, Columbus
- Singles Scene: London, Toronto, Portland, Los Angeles, Sao Paulo, San Francisco
- Marriage Mecca: Buenos Aires, Sydney, London, Paris, Madrid, San Francisco
- Honeymoon Hotspots: Costa Rica, Bali, Puerto Rico, Phuket, Provincetown, Hawaii
- Shopping District: Bond Street, London; Ginza, Tokyo; Union Square, San Francisco; Paris, Magnificent Mile, Chicago; Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich;
- Best Gayborhood: San Francisco, New York, Puerto Vallarta, Philadelphia, Wilton Manners, Chicago
One GayCities member will receive a trip for two anywhere in the United States where Hyatt operates a hotel for a three night stay, compliments of Hyatt and GayCities.
“It’s the contributions of GayCities members that have made GayCities into the number one site to discover where to go and what to see all over the world,” said Scott Gatz, CEO of GayCities. “So it is only fitting that each of our members will get a chance to vote on the friendliest and best destinations everywhere.”
GayCities, Inc., is a fast growing media company targeting the LGBT community. It operates GayCities, the location based social network that helps people uncover the best of what’s happening everywhere, and Queerty, the news and entertainment site that’s “free of an agenda, except that gay one.” Together GayCities & Queerty reach over four million LGBT consumers every month, making it a first stop for advertisers looking to reach a valuable, highly targeted audience.
For more information, please visit www.gaycities.com and Queerty.com.